Senior Data Analyst
PIRC conducts research into the corporate governance standards of listed companies and provides reports to a standard for publication to our institutional investor clients. It also provides data services to a growing number of high profile clients.
PIRC is currently seeking a data analyst to enhance and develop our data services and assist in new product development to work at our Docklands office. You will also be expected to contribute to ongoing monitoring of new issues and the related strategic development of data management.
PIRC is the UK's leading independent research and advisory consultancy providing services to institutional investors on corporate governance, corporate social responsibility and shareholder engagement. Our research is widely used by investors that seek to improve corporate behaviours. As such, PIRC has been the pioneer and champion of good corporate governance within the UK since 1986, and receives a high profile in the national and financial press.
To make a difference at a company that wants to make a difference will require a strong work ethic and the ability to collaborate effectively in a supportive team under time pressure.
The successful candidate will work closely with senior managers on identifying and creating new data products and services to add to PIRC’s client offering. You will also work alongside our research team leaders to ensure that research reports are based on accurate, relevant data. Alongside your daily workload you will have the opportunity to carry out other data projects and the ability to organise your own workload is therefore essential. This is an opportunity for the right person to make a significant contribution to our business and the data services we offer to clients.
- Degree in Economics/Finance/Accounting/Statistics or other relevant degree
- Experience in data management/analysis within a business environment
- Ability to work closely with senior managers and clients
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and data management software
- High standard of numeracy and literacy
- Ability to quickly identify issues and resolve them
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of corporate governance
- Knowledge of pensions/investment management industries
- Good communication skills
- Programming skills, VBA, SQL
In return, for successful candidates, we offer a competitive salary package and the opportunity to develop your career in a growing organisation.
To apply - If you think this might be for you, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you should be considered for this role by 20th February 2017.