Senior Data Analyst
PIRC conducts research into the corporate governance standards of listed companies and provides reports to a standard for publication to our institutional investor clients. It also provides data services to a growing number of high profile clients.
We are currently seeking a senior data analyst to support, enhance, develop and lead our data services function and work alongside our research team leaders to ensure that research reports are based on accurate and relevant data.
You will be responsible for identifying trends within the data you are working with, producing a great insight into the data being gathered, understanding its significance with a view to how the end user (client) could use this data and subsequently working closely with senior managers to identify and create new data products and services to add to PIRC’s client offering.
You will also be expected to contribute to ongoing monitoring of new issues and the related strategic development of data management.
Alongside your daily workload you will have the opportunity to carry out other data projects and the ability to organise your own workload is therefore essential. This is an opportunity for the right person to make a significant contribution to our business and the data services we offer to clients.
In this challenging opportunity you will need experience of data management in a complex organisation, be highly computer literate and have experience of database reporting systems.
To make a difference at a company that wants to make a difference will require a strong work ethic and the ability to collaborate effectively in a supportive team under time pressure.
- Degree in Economics/Finance/Accounting/Statistics or other relevant degree
- Experience in data management/analysis within a business environment
- Ability to work closely with senior managers and clients
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and data management software
- Ability to write and speak clearly, utilise data visualisation tools effectively, and easily communicate complex ideas to other team members and clients.
- Data is precise. You must be able to ensure you are vigilant in your analysis to come to correct conclusions.
- Attention to detail is critical
- Ability to quickly identify issues and resolve them.
- Accurate analysis when working with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching. You will need to see through the data and analyse it to find conclusions.
- Use initiative to spot trends and identify new opportunities
- Ability to collect, analyse, interpret, and summarise data in preparation for generation of statistical and analytical reports.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of corporate governance
- Knowledge of pensions/investment management industries
- Programming skills, VBA, SQL
In return, for successful candidates, we offer a competitive salary package and the opportunity to develop your career in a growing organisation.
If you have a love of data, an ability to pull compelling stories from complex figures and a desire to use your knowledge and skills to help develop our data service function, we want to hear from you.
To apply - please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you should be considered for this role to email@example.com by 30th June 2017.
You will be flexible, proactive and energetic with an eye for detail and a hunger to learn.
This is a full-time role working out of our Docklands offices.