PIRC is the UK's leading independent research and advisory consultancy providing research, analysis and voting services to institutional investors on corporate governance and corporate social responsibility. Since 1986, it has been the pioneer and champion of good corporate governance within the UK and has remained at the forefront of shareholder engagement and activism orientated at long-term wealth creation strategies for responsible investors.
We are developing the next generation of corporate governance research platforms and require a person who can act as a Systems Designer/Developer/Manager. The person will be expected to primarily act as the company’s ICT Manager supervising the ICT infrastructure for the business needs and oversee the remaining programmers. The Systems Manager will also have the ability to interact with the other parts of the business in gathering requirements, translating it into a best practice software design and then supervising the development towards a successful delivery of the end product. A majority of the development is carried out in-house. A suitably motivated individual will find that he/she must be able to be a lead programmer as well. The company is open to the idea of moving to a virtual private cloud architecture using a Software-as-a-service (SaaS) model and the individual would be expected to carry out suitable assessment of the various vendors and help the company decide whether this is the right strategy to pursue.
The person will be expected to as a minimum:
- Oversee the IT installation within the organisation including third-party hosting services;
- Ensure data security and backup/disaster recovery systems operate effectively;
- Purchase hardware and software and recommend future upgrades;
- Provide the ICT technology, networking and leased line infrastructure for the organisation;
- Manage all the sub-contracts in place and from time-to-time conduct assessment for suitability of current vendors;
- Contribute to organisational policy regarding IT quality standards and strategic planning within the company’s overall objectives
- Manage staff and provide mentoring/training to others
- Windows Server Administration – Microsoft certification desirable;
- Active directory management;
- Microsoft Office and Exchange configuration
- Knowledge of networking architecture – Cisco certification desirable;
- Virtualization techniques using HyperV;
- Software Design skills with OOD/OOA methodologies
- Programming using Python, CherryPy, C++/Java, Komodo IDE and other web-based development techniques
- Minimum 2-3 years experience as a Systems Administrator/Manager
- Project/programme management specialist – Agile/Prince2/ITIL or equivalent qualifications desirable
- Excellent spoken/written skills in English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Financial services experience would be a plus.
Salary based on experience and skills
If this sounds like you, please drop an email with your current CV to email@example.com specifying why you are ‘the one’.