Asset Owner Engagement
PIRC is a leading provider of shareholder engagement services. We have had over 20 years of experience of working with pension fund clients on preparing briefs for company engagement, identifying new strategies for companies faced with shareholder challenges, preparing and administrating client shareholder proposals and attending face to face meetings with company chairmen, chief executives and finance directors. We have attended many Annual Meetings to ask questions, call polls and speak on shareholder resolutions with pension fund clients.
PIRC has also participated in many investor engagement coalitions, most recently on the reform of IFRS.
In shareholder engagement PIRC only works with our pension fund clients, not autonomously from them. In addition, our clients always participate in face-to-face meetings with companies, to ensure they set the agenda.
PIRC has a dedicated engagement team who provide support to clients undertaking engagement.
- Advice on engagement strategies and priorities
- Research on engagement issues and identification of companies
- Assistance in filing shareholder resolutions
- Coalition building amongst shareholders
- Engagement support including company correspondence, meeting arrangements, AGM attendance and follow-up